Below are general guidelines about posting stories on Tennis Stories. Very simply, use your good judgment and be considerate!
- Get to know Tennis Stories. Browse and familiarize yourself with the website. Check out the existing stories and look for stories that interest you.
- Be safe. Protect your privacy. Disclose only what you feel comfortable disclosing. The Tennis Stories site is open to the public. Anyone can read the stories. Tennis Stories is searchable by search engines. So post only what you feel comfortable being seen. Don't post your phone number or address. Be careful of how much detail you provide about your family. Do not post your personal e-mail address unless you are prepared to get more e-mail spam, as spammers "harvest" e-mails off the Web.
- Listen carefully. If you read another's story and it causes you to react strongly, try reading it again from a different point of view. Pretend you are your best friend or a person on the street. Would they react as strongly as you did? In online communities, we can't see and hear the people who post messages. So we can't assume we fully understand what they're saying in their text-only messages.
- Follow the rules. Please do not post any of the following: Someone else's contact information without their permission, commercial advertisements, things for sale, fundraising requests, inflammatory material, or links to personal or professional Web sites with questionable content.
- Cross the line? Tennis Stories staff members moderate the site. Moderators remove inappropriate posts.
- Concerned? If you are concerned about something on the site, go to the contact form and let us know. We'll look into it.
- Be yourself! Tennis Stories is great because of you!
Tennis Stories greatly appreciates your participation and feedback. We'd love to know about your experience here and how this site can serve you better.
Tennis Stories Team